VISITA ESTE ESPACIO Y DESCUBRE EUROPA Y SU CONSEJO

VISITA ESTE ESPACIO Y DESCUBRE EUROPA Y SU CONSEJO
Esta fue la imagen del año de inicio ¿buscamos la del 2016? POSA EL RATÓN EN LA IMAGEN y ¡adelante!

martes, 21 de septiembre de 2010

Alexandra, profesora y viajera infatigable

I was born in Pakistan to an Irish father  and a half Servian mother. When we returned to live to London, my brother and I have a succession of aupairs, particulary french speakers who taught us much of their own languages.
When I was five, my father was posted to Nigeria and my brother and I were sent to french primary school. So by the time I was seven I was bilingual in French and English.
I was then sent off to boarding school in England where we learnt French and Latin. Latin seemed a real bored at the time but I have always been gratefull that I learnt it because in the future it helped me a great deal with hearing French, Italian and Spanish.
I learnt German for a couple of years from age of twelve but I never get on with it. My inclination was cleary for latin languages!.
At the age of sixteen I took to Italian  like a duck to water and had little difficulty in learning from scratch  to A-level in two years . I always valued the multilingual approach to life, having spent much of my time living abroad amongst people of many different nacionalities and languages.
To end up teaching in a Spanish school where I have been for eight years seemed a natural progression. To be completely immersed in both languages can only be positive, teaming the languages from inside rather than through another language.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario